Get to know Daniela:
- Favorite Book: The Noticer by Andy Andrews
- Favorite Movie: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Which US President would you like to go to dinner with?
- George Washington
- Which insect would you eat if you had to?
- What’s the best advice that you’ve ever received?
- “Always believe in your self and never give up.”
- Who is your role model?
- My mom
- What is your favorite Windrose memory?
- Playing the game backpack at the first National Officer Retreat in Texas! I ran so fast that I jumped over my partner Laura, so then I fell on my back and lost. We could not stop laughing!
- What advice would you would give to a new Windrose member?
- Get involved in ALL of the Windrose events. Each seminar and service project will help you transform into a stronger leader in your community.
2018-2019 Chicago Chapter President
- Currently lives near Chicago, IL
- Currently pursuing BA in Accounting
- Nickname: Dani
- 2019 DC Summit Chaperone
- Hobbies: Skydiving, Hiking, Rollercoasters
- Birthday: October 1st
In the middle of May 2019, Dani dove out of a plane to embark on an exhilarating adventure. Armed with a parachute and adrenaline, her body fell through the air at a speed of more than 120 mph. After almost 60 seconds of death-defying free-fall, Dani missed the call to pull the parachute cord! Thankfully, her instructor pulled it for her. If you know Dani, her skydiving escapade makes perfect sense: She is a go-getter, a lover of adventure, and a detailed planner. She may get caught up in the moment sometimes, but Dani has the talent to stay focused on the details while not losing sight of the big picture, too. As a leader with a competitive spirit and a huge heart, Dani remains an enormous blessing to the Chicago chapter!
Early on, Dani set herself apart in the Chicago Chapter as a dedicated team-player. She wasn’t afraid to roll up her sleeves and help out where needed. She showed up to every seminar and every service project, writing encouraging notes to kids with cancer, cleaning up parks, and packing food for hungry children across the globe. She went on to earn a scholarship to our 2018 Washington DC Summit program, and she helped coordinate the whole Chicago team’s travel to and from DC, making sure no one would miss their flight!
Starting in August 2018, Dani began serving as the Windrose Project’s second Chicago President. Originally elected by her peers to serve as Vice President, Dani demonstrated great resilience by courageously stepping up to the presidency after an unexpected vacancy in the presidency. Under her leadership, the second generation of Chicago leaders has hosted more than 20 events, established partnerships with local charities, and reached many new students across the region.
In the Spring of 2019, Dani was selected to returned to DC as a chaperone, to faithfully raise up the next generation of Windrose leaders in Chicago and the midwest. This fall, Dani plans to move closer to family in Atlanta, GA, and she will be greatly missed. In the meantime, Dani is hard at work reaching out equip the next officer team in Chicagoland and pave the way forward for an even stronger future for her beloved chapter.