Get to know Ruben:
- Favorite Book: The Dream Giver by Bruce Wilkinson
- Favorite Movie: Avatar
- Which US President would you like to go to dinner with?
- Abraham Lincoln
- Which insect would you eat if you had to?
- What’s the best advice that you’ve ever received?
- “If you don’t listen to me, life will teach you.” – Mom
- Who is your role model?
- Jesus Christ
- What is your favorite Windrose memory?
- The beginning of something new at the 2016 DC Leadership Summit.
- What advice would you would give to a new Windrose member?
The Windrose Project has the potential to transform ANYONE who is committed to learn and serve their community to be better leader tomorrow. So what are you waiting for? Get involved.
Ruben Muñoz: 2017-2018 DFW President
- Currently lives in Fort Worth, TX
- Senior at University of Texas at Arlington
- Nickname: Rubio
- Founding Windrose Member
- Inaugural Windrose DFW President, 2017-2018
- Mechanical Engineering Major
- Birthday: February 9th
When we first met Ruben in March of 2016, he boldly predicted that he would join our first crew of Windrose students at the 2016 Leadership Summit in Washington, DC. Just a few weeks later, he would earn his ticket to our first conference. Throughout 2016, Ruben would serve as a founding member of the Dallas chapter and was then selected as a student leader for the 2017 and 2018 DC Leadership Summits. By leading students through our Windrose 101 course, and connecting with growing chapters, Ruben has proved himself to be a dedicated mentor and encourager throughout the early years of growth.
From 2017-2018, Ruben served as the Windrose Project’s first DFW President. Under his leadership, the Dallas-Fort Worth officer team hosted more than 20 successful events. They also have developed a dedicated crew of young teenage members and new friends from across the metroplex. We are incredibly thankful for his work to establish and promote the chapter.
Since the day we met, Ruben has remained highly dedicated to his goals both as a leader in Windrose and beyond in his work, studies and business. This young man is driven to succeed, and he is a strong, visionary communicator. We are so very thankful for his service, and we know he has so much in store for his future!