2023 DC Leadership Summit
Come explore Washington, D.C. with The Windrose Project! Stand on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, and see the Declaration of Independence with your own eyes. Discuss the future of our country with policy experts. Meet other young leaders and form lifelong friendships. Experience our nation’s capital first hand, and become a leader in your generation.
If you want to be part of the adventure, then don’t wait! Submit your application today for the 2023 Windrose Leadership Summit, April 13th-16th!
Deadline to apply: January 16, 2023.
– APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS –
Your application must include three items: 1) a video, 2) a resume, and 3) an essay.
- Record a 2 minute video of yourself, answering the question, “Why do you want to participate in the DC Leadership Summit?” Treat the video like a job interview, and conduct yourself professionally. Then, upload your video to YouTube, and share a link upon submitting your application.
- Submit your one-page résumé, outlining your level of education, work experience, personal accomplishments, and any other relevant experience in volunteer organizations, extra-curricular activities, sports, etc. Click here for example formats.
- Read the US Declaration of Independence, and then respond to the following questions in a well-written essay:
- Do natural rights exist? If so, where do they come from? If not, why not?
- What are more important for citizens of a free society: your personal rights or your moral duties?
- Before writing your essay, carefully read the Declaration of Independence, especially focusing on the first two paragraphs.
- Your essay must be double-spaced and no more than 750 words.
- Before submitting, please edit your essay to reflect strong grammar and clear language.
- Combine your resume and essay and save as one PDF file for submission.
Give yourself plenty of time to complete your application, so that you can submit your best effort! Above all else, we are looking for individuals who display passion, leadership potential, and critical thinking. If you have any additional questions, check out our frequently asked questions page. Good luck!
Due to airline and program restrictions, all applicants must be between 13 and 25 years of age as of April 13, 2022. This year, two types of scholarships will be awarded:
- Washington Scholars – The Washington Scholarship covers all conference expenses including airfare, transportation, lodging, and most meals. Only first time summit participants are eligible for this scholarship.
- Hamilton Scholars – The Hamilton Scholarship covers all conference expenses, but does not include airfare to Washington, D.C. Due to our desire to include as many new students as possible, previous participants not serving as chaperones are still encouraged to apply, but will only be eligible for the Hamilton Scholarship.
Frequently Asked Questions
DEADLINE TO APPLY: January 16th
All application materials must be submitted via the online application form by 11:59 PM PST on Monday, January 16, 2022.
Now more than ever, young Americans need to rise up as a new generation of patriots, and embrace a worldview that defends freedom. Learn what self-government is all about, and how to lead the way in your community by joining The Windrose Project. Complete your application and submit today!
If you have previously attended the DC Summit and wish to return as a chaperone, submit your application below! (Must be 18 yrs or older.)